May 2014 Round-up

Sammy

Happy Monday! Since it's June 2, it's time for my May round-up. Here are some of the highlights from the past month:

  • Becoming a member of my church here in Austin. It was probably about time after attending there for 3.5 years.
  • Watching Meryl and Maks win the "coveted" Mirror Ball Trophy on Dancing with the Stars. Meryl has had quite the year already with an Olympic gold medal too.
  • Meeting up with my friend Michelle for dinner one evening. We ate at a food truck on 620 and talked so long that the owner asked us to turn the lights out when we left.
  • Playing bells at church twice this month: once on Mother's Day and once during the spring concert the following weekend.
  • Having Mom and Dad visit me in Austin during the third weekend of the month. We enjoyed exploring Austin on Saturday (peacocks and climbing and ice cream, oh my!), and Mom and Dad attended my spring concert on Sunday.
  • Joining the other members of my bell choir at Carino's after the concert to celebrate the end of another year.
  • Spending the Memorial Day weekend at home in Henderson. I drove home Thursday after work and worked from home on Friday morning. Throughout the weekend, I went to Nacogdoches with Mom, joined the family at Papacita's in Tyler, shopped downtown Henderson, and enjoyed our traditional holiday fun at the farm. It was great to have Esther's sister Grace join us this year.
  • Taking Sammy to the vet (although he has gained weight...). He liked showing out for his new doctor by sticking his rear end in the air and refusing to stay on the table for his exam (she very kindly checked him out on the floor).

Books I read: The Shadow Queen: A Novel of Wallis Simpson, Duchess of Windsor (Rebecca Dean); The Aviator's Wife (Melanie Benjamin); The Giver (Lois Lowry)

Movies I watched: The Monuments Men, Belle, Pride and Prejudice (DVD), The Jane Austin Book Club (DVD), Out of Africa (DVD), Pitch Perfect (DVD)

TV: Dancing with the Stars, Castle, Grey's Anatomy, Call the Midwife, NBA playoffs (go, Spurs!)



About My Monthly Round-Ups
At the end of each month, I take a look back and write a post about the month's highlights, as well as what I read and watched. To see all of my round-up posts, visit this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment