Let us pray . . .


Today I treated myself to a pedicure. My feet were feeling rough, and I had disliked my nail color almost since I had it put on a month ago. I'm really pleased with the result and feel more confident to face the summer now.

While I was sitting in the pedicure chair having my feet pampered, I was reminded of the last time I got a mani/pedi. It was at the nail salon in Henderson last month. I had my pedicure first and then sat down to have my nails manicured. The woman did all the prep work on my fingers (filing, cutting, soaking, etc.) and then leaned over to tell me something. I didn't understand her, so I asked her to repeat herself.

"Will you pray for me?"

Hmm. All these thoughts began to race through my head. Should I pray that she makes my nails look pretty? That she doesn't hurt me with those sharp tools? Or is this something more serious — is she going through some real life issues right now?

As I was sitting there looking very confused, she repeated her question and pointed to my purse.

Oh.

"Would you like to pay me now?"

That made much more sense. I sheepishly took out my wallet and paid her.

You just never know what's going to happen when you get your nails done.

No comments:

Post a Comment