Easter Weekend

Wow! It's so hard to believe it's almost been a week since I drove home for Easter. This week has flown by — and Friday promises loads of excitement with the royal wedding and the women's short program at Worlds (I had to add that last one in there). I had planned to write about the weekend much sooner, but since I forgot my laptop charger at home, I couldn't do too much. Anyway, here's a brief snapshot of the weekend.

On Friday, we drove over to the Country Tavern for ribs. Yum (and messy, of course)! The next day, Mom, Esther, and I made the monkey bread for Easter dinner while Paul and Dad worked in the yard. Later that day we all went out to the farm. While we were there, we worked on the jigsaw puzzle, and Mom and I took a turn on the paddle boat. (Luckily, Handy decided not to follow along behind us.) That evening, we ate dinner and then decorated Easter eggs. The dye didn't turn out as well this year, so some of our eggs looked quite interesting. On Sunday, all five of us participated in the service (Esther and I carried lilies, Paul brought the Christ candle in, and Mom and Dad carried the paraments.) After church, we all had Easter dinner with Mary, and then it was time to head back home.

I've included a few pictures of the weekend below:





No comments:

Post a Comment