Scrapbook on the Road

Before leaving on our trip to Chicago, I decided to take Ali Edwards' Scrapbook on the Road self-paced workshop. I have always loved creating scrapbooks for my vacations, but it usually takes me a year (or sometimes longer in the case of Africa) to finish them. One of the things I loved about this project was that I did most of the creative work beforehand. I focused on writing and gathering ephemera during the trip and then added the pictures after I made it home. It's nice to have everything finished rather than adding another item to my ever-growing to-do list.

I've included a few of my favorite pictures of the book below; once you add all of the different pieces, it can be a little overwhelming to share every single page. (Note to self: I need to buy a white tablecloth before taking any more pictures on my dining room table. The pictures were way too dark before I brightened them in iPhoto.)

Cover

Title Page

An example of one of the 6x9 photos.


The bag from the gift shop at the Art Institute with the ticket stapled on.



1 comment:

  1. Kendra, I love your scrapbook! I finally finished mine from my Yosemite trip, but I need to get new rings for it because it is so fat! :-) I agree that this is a great way to focus on documenting the memories and to have a place for all those little things we pick up along the way!

    ReplyDelete