Weekend Trip to Fredericksburg

Last Saturday I drove out to Fredericksburg for the afternoon. I always loved visiting the town while I was a student at UT, but I hadn't been back since I moved to Austin last year. The drive over was beautiful, and I even think I saw a little fall color along the way. Once I made it into town, it was quite crowded, and I had some difficulty finding a parking place. I was finally able to find a spot a little outside of the square and walked back into town.

The downtown area was much bigger than I remembered, but I was able to cover most of the shops in a couple of hours. Several shops already had Christmas decorations out, so it was nice to see some new decorating ideas, even if I didn't buy anything. Many of the shops also had food samples out, so I didn't have to stop at one of the restaurants downtown. (I think I may have gone into sugar shock, however; so.many.carbs)

It was a nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon, especially since my family wasn't in town for a game. Hopefully I'll be able to do more of these trips in the spring.

Of course, I also brought my camera and was able to take a few pictures. I've included some of my favorites below.





No comments:

Post a Comment