May 2012 Round-up

It's that time again...here's my May round-up.

What I Read...
  • I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith: This is one of my all-time favorite books. I decided to reread it earlier this month, and while it wasn't quite as magical as the first time I read it, it was still wonderful.
  • Fire in the Blood by Irene Nemirovsky: I picked up this short book several months ago because it was written by the author of Suite Francaise. I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the first book, but it was a quick, easy read.
  • Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain: My intellectual selection of the month. :) I kept hearing so much about this book that I had to check it out. It was intriguing to read about the different strengths introverts possess and how we can use them in school, on the job, and in life.
What I Watched...
  • The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel: This movie was such a sweet, charming way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
  • Pride and Prejudice: I rewatched my DVDs of the 1995 BBC production over the last few days. Colin Firth really is Mr. Darcy.
  • TV: I watched the season finales of Dancing with the Stars, Castle, and Grey's Anatomy.
What I Want to Remember...
  • Spending the Memorial Day weekend at home with my family. I always enjoy going out to the farm to eat hamburgers and homemade ice cream and to work on a jigsaw puzzle.
  • Traveling to Dallas with my entire team to meet with one of our clients.
  • Completing my first Week in the Life project (well, the pictures and writing are done at least).
  • Working on a few creative projects with Mom while I was home for Memorial Day.
  • Performing bells with the Hallelujah Ringers and Bethany Bells at the spring concert (and having Mom and Dad come down to watch).
  • Putting my apartment together slowly but surely. I now have a beautiful new dresser in my bedroom (courtesy of Mom) and a new work desk from IKEA in my office.
  • Making final plans for our vacation to New York this summer.
  • Visiting 4 Hobby-Lobbies, 3 Walmarts, 1 Lowe's, and IKEA with Mom and Dad in search of items for my apartment.

Pictures from May 2012...

Honey Nut Cheerios with blueberries

A gift from Mom

Sammy's chair

Four in hand

View from my window
View from my door

New dresser

Memorial Day

Horses grazing outside my window

For my other Round-ups, please go here.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like your apartment is really shaping up and congrats on completing your first Week In The Life. I started Project Life, but unfortunately, "life" has interefered for me this year.

    ReplyDelete