August 2012 Round-up

Did August fly by or what? It's time for my monthly round-up. (For my other round-ups, please go here.)

What I Read...
  • Harry Potter: I finished Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix this month. With the Olympics and traveling, it seemed to take me forever to read both of them. I've decided to take a break from my HP spree and return to the final two books in a few weeks.
What I Watched...
  • Hope Springs: Starring Meryl Streep, Tommy Lee Jones, and Steve Carell, this seemed like the perfect mother-daughter film while we were in Dallas. It wasn't quite what we expected, but Mom and I did giggle through several parts of it.
  • Sparkle: I saw this movie last Saturday. It reminded me a lot of Dreamgirls (girl group tries to make it big), but the earlier movie was far better. It was sad to see Whitney Houston in her last movie role.
  • Olympics: I lived in front of my TV during the early part of August. I also enjoyed watching some of the coverage on my computer — much less biased.
  • Regular TV isn't quite as interesting after the spectacle of the Olympics. However, I also watched Army Wives and Bunheads this month.
What I Want to Remember...
  • Spending the first weekend of this month exploring Austin with Paul and Esther.
  • Driving up to Dallas to spend the second weekend with Mom. It reminded me of old times.
  • Watching the Olympics. My favorite moments: Gabby Douglas winning gold, synchronized diving, Michael Phelps becoming the most successful Olympian in history, royal watching, Aly Raisman winning gold on floor, the American success on the track. (Please note: McKayla is not impressed with any of these.)
  • Sensing the light at the end of the tunnel at work. It's not here yet, but it's getting closer.
  • Finally getting caught up on Project Life.
  • Celebrating my two-year anniversary at work.
  • Spending a lazy Saturday reading as the rain fell outside. Those days have been few and far between recently.
  • Making it to Curves three times in one week (even if this only happened once this month).
What I Want to Forget...
  • Feeling sick the week after I returned from Dallas. I blame "work flu."
  • Getting stuck in traffic on my home from work this past week. Whose idea was it to work on 620 at 6:30 at night? At least I found a short cut.
  • Having my credit card number stolen again. Someone apparently bought gas in Spain with it.

Here are a few pictures from August 2012:

Olympic cupcakes

NorthPark Center

Chihuly



You call that a winning vault? Not impressed.

Flowers in bloom

Sammy at rest

Sunbeam

Hummels

No comments:

Post a Comment