September 2012 Round-Up

It's time for my September 2012 round-up.

What I Read...
  • The Flight of Gemma Hardy by Margot Livesey: This book was an update of Jane Eyre set in the 1950s and 1960s. I really enjoyed reading the book, even though the ending was a bit of a let down.
  • Harry Potter: I finished the Great Harry Potter Reading Spree of 2012 with the Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows. They truly are amazing books, and I'm so glad I decided to reread them this summer.
  • The Rules of Civility by Amor Towles: My mom recommended this book, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it over the last week or so. It reminded me a lot of The Great Gatsby, even though the book was set in the late 1930s instead of the 1920s.
What I Watched...
  • The Words: I saw this movie at a special showing with Michelle and Sarah. The movie is about a writer who decides to claim another man's work as his own, and of course, trouble ensues. We all enjoyed it.
  • Harry Potter: I decided to rewatch the first two Harry Potter films after my reading spree. I'm always amazed at how young the three main actors look compared to how they look now.
  • Notting Hill: I've been wanting to rewatch this for a few months because the actor who plays Lord Grantham in Downton Abbey has a small part in it. I finally caught it on TV last Friday.
  • Fall TV: It's been nice to have new episodes of my shows to watch again. I'm still following Dancing with the Stars, Castle, Parenthood, and Grey's Anatomy. (If only I lived in England and could watch the third season of Downton Abbey now.)
What I Want to Remember...
  • Finally catching up at work. It's such a relief to have the right number of clients again.
  • Receiving my surprise flowers from Mom at work one day. They brightened my spirits (as well as those of everyone at the office).
  • Exploring the South Congress food carts with the whole family on Labor Day weekend.
  • Finishing two photo books.
  • Having Tiff's Treats cookies at the office last week.
  • Attending a photography class and realizing I am no longer a beginner. Yay!
  • Watching the Longhorns go 4-0 in September. Now the hard part truly begins!
What I'd Like to Forget...
  • Coming home to find that Sammy had decided to fight a scorpion. I had to make a late-night visit to the emergency animal clinic, but he's doing fine now.
  • Continuing to hear my neighbors fight (and cry) through the walls of my bedroom.
  • Burning my homemade granola. Twice.

A few pictures from September 2012...

Eating at Matt's El Rancho

Mom and I at Whole Foods

A great find at Target

Rainy afternoon

Glorious sunset

New mirror

Movie night

Dad's ready for the game

UT vs. New Mexico

Feline emergency

Chuy's



About My Monthly Round-Ups
At the end of each month, I take a look back and write a post about the month's highlights, as well as what I read and watched. To see all of my round-up posts, visit this page.

1 comment: