Girl Time | Weekend in Dallas

WD with Mom title

It's become an annual tradition — Mom and I spend a weekend together each summer shopping, exploring, eating great food, and enjoying being together. Two years ago, Mom came down to Austin in August, and last year we met up with each other in Dallas around the same time.

This year we visited the Dallas area during the first weekend of August. We stayed in Southlake and spent most of our time at the new Southlake Town Square. Our hotel was located right in the square, and we were able to walk to the different shops, restaurants, and movie theater during our time there.

WD with Mom 3

Of course, we also visited some thrift (and antique) stores in the area. My big find was a set of wicker chairs for my balcony, and Mom found a Longaberger basket. As we explored the different stores, we began to notice an abundance of Paris and French decor. Perhaps we're just more aware of it now? Anyway, it became a running joke the rest of the weekend. (I guess it's time to let the cat out of the bag — Mom and I are going to Paris next spring!)

WD with Mom 1

While we were out exploring on Saturday, we decided to visit the Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine. Mom had been there a few years ago, but this was my first time to go. We ate lunch at the Riverwalk Cantina and then walked around the atrium for a while, taking in all the sights. I really liked the model train displays.

Laura Lee Blanton Building

On Sunday, we headed in to Dallas. Our first stop was the big Half-Price Books (as always), and then we went to the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum at SMU. The museum was a busy place, so it was a little difficult to see all of the exhibits. However, Mom and I were both glad we went. Afterward, we ate lunch at Twisted Root Burger Company (I ate there with my work team last year) and then went our separate ways.

WD with Mom 4

As always, I enjoyed having the chance to get away, even if it was just for a few days. Thanks for spending the weekend with me, Mom!

WD with Mom 2

No comments:

Post a Comment