November 2013 Round-up

Lovely fall color

Since December seemed to sneak up on me this past weekend, I almost forgot to write my November round-up post. So before I get too wrapped up in the excitement of the holiday season, here are a few highlights from the past month:

  • Spending four out of the five weekends in November with my family.
  • Meeting Mom and Esther in Houston for the Nutcracker Market and church sale. We had a great time, even if everywhere we went was extremely crowded.
  • Enjoying my first Starbucks peppermint hot chocolate of the season.
  • Playing bells in church one Sunday. The organ and a trumpet player accompanied us, so it really sounded nice.
  • Receiving a good report from the dentist — no cavities!
  • Celebrating Thanksgiving with my parents. We ate dinner at Mimi's Cafe and attended the UT-Texas Tech game that night (the Horns won!). Over the weekend, we drove out to Fredericksburg and stayed in a cottage there for a few days.
  • Enjoying some cooler temperatures for a few days. It finally feels like fall!
  • Adding a third bookcase to my library. I now have a full wall of books!

Books I read: The Mask Carver's Son (Alyson Richman); I'm currently halfway finished with Edward Rutherfurd's Paris (the book is over 800 pages).

Movies I watched: Enough Said, The Book Thief, The Hunger Games (DVD)

TV: Dancing with the Stars, Castle, Grey's Anatomy, Parenthood, The Paradise, Call the Midwife (Season 2 DVD), Grand Prix Series (figure skating), college football & basketball



About My Monthly Round-Ups
At the end of each month, I take a look back and write a post about the month's highlights, as well as what I read and watched. To see all of my round-up posts, visit this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment