July 2014 Round-up

Water lily

The end of July has come and gone, so it's time for my monthly round-up post. These are some of the highlights of the past month:

  • Spending the July 4th holidays at home in Henderson. As usual, it was fun to celebrate the holiday at the farm, and I also enjoyed going sunflower hunting in Louisiana and attending the Texas Shakespeare Festival.
  • Driving out to the Hill Country Galleria one Friday after work to eat a late lunch at Mandola's and shop.
  • Visiting the In the Company of Cats and Dogs exhibit at the Blanton Museum of Art one Saturday. I also went to the Citywide Garage Sale afterward and found a new Pyrex bowl.
  • Relaxing in the evening after stressful days at work.
  • Treating myself to a manicure and pedicure one Friday afternoon. I felt super pampered.

Books I read: Call the Midwife: Shadows of the Workhouse (Jennifer Worth); Goodnight June (Sarah Jio)

Movies I watched: The Grand Budapest Hotel, Mrs. Dalloway (DVD), Bernie (DVD), Becoming Jane (DVD), Veronica Mars (DVD), You've Got Mail (TV)

TV: Castle reruns, Harry Potter Weekend, random UT bowl games on the Longhorn Network



About My Monthly Round-Ups
At the end of each month, I take a look back and write a post about the month's highlights, as well as what I read and watched. To see all of my round-up posts, visit this page.

1 comment: