It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas


Winter is in full force here in New England. We had our real snow of the season two weekends ago, as well as a suburb snow last Wednesday (snow all around Boston but only rain and wind in Boston itself). Tonight the Museum held its staff holiday party, which made me realize that Christmas is only 11 days away. It's still hard to believe it's December, and then when I realize it's the middle of December, I just don't know what to think.


Two weekends ago (before the snow but in the midst of the rain and cold), I drove up to Salem for the Christmas in Salem house tour. The tour included 12 historic homes located around Salem Common. I've always loved going on house tours with my mom, and even though this one was different than those in the past, I really enjoyed seeing all the houses in their Christmas finest. Several of the houses were just so homey, and the fireplaces in each of them felt wonderful after walking around in the rain. Even though the tour was nice, I was glad to make it home that night, especially because it began to snow on the way back to Natick. I watched the Big 12 Championship that night and almost had a heart attack, but luckily Hunter Lawrence saved the day.

This past Saturday I had another dose of holiday spirit at a cookie exchange party held by a good friend. People not only made cookies for the party but savory food too, so I ate very well that night. It was nice to be around friendly people and share the fun of the holidays together. I also played Scattergories for the first time and enjoyed it quite a bit.

I have to admit I'm beginning a countdown for my time in Texas. I only have the rest of this week and two days next week, and then I'll fly home. It will be nice to spend time with my family again.

Joyeux Noel!

No comments:

Post a Comment