30 Things to Be Thankful For - Day 16

Music has played an important role in my life for as long as I can remember. Growing up, I always seemed to be doing something music related at church - playing the piano, singing in the choir, or playing handbells. As I moved into high school, music became a way for me to escape from the everyday. I loved taking piano lessons from Mrs. Wagner because I was able to do it on my own, away from everyone that I saw in school each day. And of course, I love listening to certain songs - East of Eden, Turandot, Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2 - that I discovered through watching figure skating. Those songs always have a way of making me feel at peace.

Today I am so thankful for the impact music has made on my life. It's been wonderful the last few weeks to play handbells again.

No pictures tonight, but I do have some links to music:

East of Eden: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ih7T1_uY7k
Piano Concerto No. 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8l37utZxMQ

No comments:

Post a Comment