October 2013 Round-up

IMG_4219_ed

Happy Sunday and end of Daylight Savings Time! Since we're already three days into November, it's time for my October round-up. Here are a few highlights from the past month:

  • Enjoying a special "me day" on my birthday — exploring South Congress, visiting a vintage shop called Room Service, and treating myself to a nice, long pedicure.
  • Watching gymnastics and figure skating on Universal Sports, my new favorite TV station. I've dreamed about having the station for several years, and it's amazing to have it just in time for the Olympic season.
  • Visiting Brushy Creek Lake Park in Cedar Park for the first time.
  • Eating lunch outside for a few days at the beginning of the month.
  • Celebrating UT's victory over OU in the Red River Rivalry.
  • Spending a long weekend with my parents in Missouri and Arkansas. I enjoyed staying at Big Cedar Lodge and visiting the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.
  • Working on my second Week in the Life project during the last week of the month.

Books I read: Romancing Miss Brontë (Juliet Gael); The Fault in Our Stars (John Green)

Movies I watched: Funny Face & My Fair Lady (apparently I was on an Audrey Hepburn kick)

TV: Dancing with the Stars, Castle, Grey's Anatomy, Parenthood, The Paradise, Downton Abbey (Season 3 DVD), World Gymnastics Championships, Skate America & Skate Canada, college football, World Series (Go, Sox!)

IMG_6719_ed



About My Monthly Round-Ups
At the end of each month, I take a look back and write a post about the month's highlights, as well as what I read and watched. To see all of my round-up posts, visit this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment