December 2013 Round-up

Merry Christmas

It's time (well, past time...) for another round-up post. Here are some of my highlights from December 2013:

  • Having PRK surgery on December 19 (not so much the actual surgery but the results). Things are still a little blurry but should get better over the next few weeks.
  • Decorating my apartment for Christmas. It's always fun to get everything out of boxes and display my Christmas-y treasures. Watching Sammy turn the tree with his tail was also amusing.
  • Spending a long Christmas break with my parents in Henderson. It was wonderful to celebrate Christmas with them and have several days just to relax and be with them.
  • Performing handbells at the Christmas concert at church. One of the songs we played was "Welcome Christmas" from How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and we wore sleep caps and swayed during part of the song.
  • Enjoying a day off at the beginning of the month. I went to see Catching Fire and did some shopping.
  • Playing bells for residents of a local assisted living home.
  • Baking several batches of Christmas cookies throughout the month (and eating too much cookie dough in the process).
  • Meeting Michelle, my good friend and former co-worker, for dinner one evening. It was good to catch up with her since I don't see her every day anymore.
  • Celebrating Christmas Day with my family, the Smileys, and Mary. The dining room table was full!
  • Traveling out to West Texas with my parents the weekend after Christmas. While the reason for our visit wasn't good (we went there to attend a funeral), it was great to visit Breckenridge again after many, many years.

Books I read: Paris by Edward Rutherfurd; Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers

Movies I watched: Catching Fire, 12 Years a Slave, Saving Mr. Banks, Love Actually (DVD), It's A Wonderful Life (DVD), National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (TV)

TV: Castle, Grey's Anatomy, Parenthood, Call the Midwife (Season 2 DVD)



About My Monthly Round-Ups
At the end of each month, I take a look back and write a post about the month's highlights, as well as what I read and watched. To see all of my round-up posts, visit this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment