January 2014 Round-up

Snow day


Happy Super Bowl Sunday and Groundhog's Day! The time has come for me to look back at the last month for my monthly round-up post. Here are some of the highlights from this January:

  • Celebrating the new year with Mom at Torchy's Tacos.
  • Watching the season premiere of Downton Abbey. I'm so glad this show is back on my TV for the next few weeks.
  • Attending the UT-Iowa State basketball game on January 18. The Cyclones were ranked 8th at the time, and the Longhorns beat them in a great game.
  • Watching the U.S. Figure Skating Championships (held in Boston!) and looking forward to the Olympics in February.
  • Shopping at the Round Rock outlets and IKEA one Friday after work. There were some great sales at the outlets, and I found some nice things for my upcoming trip at the LOFT store. I like shopping trips like that.
  • Getting back into the walking routine during the latter part of this month.
  • Enjoying one and a half snow days off from work — even if I still went into the office in the afternoon both days.
  • Meeting my friend Michelle for dinner last Thursday. It was great to catch up with her and hear about her new job and apartment.

Books I read: Russian Winter (Daphne Kalotay); Someday, Someday, Maybe (Lauren Graham); Morning Glory (Sarah Jio)

Movies I watched: Philomena, Her, American Hustle, Notorious (DVR), Harry Potter Weekend on ABC Family

TV: Downton Abbey, Castle, Parenthood, U.S. National Championships, European Championships, Four Continents Championships, UT basketball, Call the Midwife (Season 2 DVD and Christmas special)



About My Monthly Round-Ups
At the end of each month, I take a look back and write a post about the month's highlights, as well as what I read and watched. To see all of my round-up posts, visit this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment