August 2014 Round-up

The owl is complete. Now it's time to move on to the tree. #kbcrossstitch

Happy Tuesday! I hope all of you had a nice Labor Day weekend. Since August is now over, it's time to look back for my monthly round-up. Here are some of the highlights from the past month:
  • Meeting my mom and Esther up in Dallas for a girls' weekend of shopping, sharing great food, and enjoying being together.
  • Visiting the new Trader Joe's in North Austin for the first time.
  • Watching lots of gymnastics on TV — Youth Olympic Games, U.S. Classics and the Visa Championships.
  • Finishing the owl on my cross-stitch project (now it's on to the tree).
  • Watching Sammy chase a bug in the bathroom one Sunday morning. He stayed after it until he finally killed it. My hero!
  • Cheering the Longhorns on to their first victory of the season.
  • Spending Labor Day with my family in Austin and the Hill Country. It's always great to celebrate Mom's birthday with her, even if it was a few days early.
And a few lowlights...
  • Being sick for a good part of the month. The ability to breathe out of one's nose is severely underrated.
  • Dealing with ants and roaches in my apartment, as well as a leaky drier or AC (they don't know why my laundry room is flooding).

Books I read: The Blythes are Quoted (L.M. Montgomery); The Paris Architect (Charles Belfoure); The Little Women Letters (Gabrielle Donnelly); The House Girl (Tara Conklin)

Movies I watched: The Hundred-Foot Journey, Magic in the Moonlight, Roman Holiday (TV), A Nun's Story (TV), Breakfast at Tiffany's (DVD)

TV: Call the Midwife (Season 2 DVD), Veronica Mars (Season 2 & 3 DVDs), The Big Bang Theory, Castle, gymnastics



About My Monthly Round-Ups
At the end of each month, I take a look back and write a post about the month's highlights, as well as what I read and watched. To see all of my round-up posts, visit this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment