December 2014 Round-up

Christmas tree

Happy New Year's Eve! With only a couple hours remaining in December (and 2014), it's time to reflect on the best moments of the last month:

  • Traveling down to San Antonio one weekend. I enjoyed shopping at the Alamo Quarry Market and visiting Market Square. While I wasn't able to make it down to the River Walk that night (there was a high school playoff game at the Alamodome), I drove down the following morning before returning to Austin.
  • Performing handbells at the Christmas concert on Dec. 7, at an assisted living home on Dec. 17, and in church on Dec. 21.
  • Finally finding a new Christmas tree early in the month. This one doesn't have the same character as the last one (for one thing, it stands upright), but it's nice to have a tree where all the lights work.
  • Enjoying the annual Christmas breakfast/brunch at our office building one morning.
  • Finally receiving my Chicago photo book from Blurb. The first one got lost in the mail, so Blurb graciously reprinted a new version for me.
  • Driving down 360 to see the decorated trees.
  • Celebrating 20/20 vision one year after my PRK surgery.
  • Catching up with several friends over lunch or dinner throughout the month.
  • Spending the last week of the year at home with Mom and Dad. It's always so good to be with them.
  • Watching Russian Nationals on my computer through ESPN.
  • Attending the Christmas Eve service at church and Art's party on Christmas morning.
  • Meeting Paul for lunch and Esther for a movie (Annie) on New Year's Eve.

Books I read: The Look of Love (Sarah Jio), In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror and an American Family in Hitler's Berlin (Erik Larson), Leaving Time (Jodi Picoult)

Movies I watched: The Theory of Everything, Annie, It's a Wonderful Life (twice on TV), An Affair to Remember (TV), The Shop Around the Corner (TV), Love Actually (DVD), Elf (TV), National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (TV), Bridge to Terabithia (TV), Words and Pictures (DVD)

TV: Castle, Forever, Parenthood, Call the Midwife (Season 3 DVD), Downton Abbey (Season 4 repeats on PBS), figure skating (NHK Trophy, Grand Prix Final), college football, UT basketball



About My Monthly Round-Ups
At the end of each month, I take a look back and write a post about the month's highlights, as well as what I read and watched. To see all of my round-up posts, visit this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment