November 2014 Round-up

Sunburst

The last third of this year seems to be flying by, and it's hard for me to believe today is the seventh day of December! Before I get too caught up in the Christmas season, I wanted to share some of my highlights from November:

  • Hosting Paul and Esther the first full weekend of the month. While they were here, we ate breakfast tacos, visited Mayfield Park and Mount Bonnell, and attended the UT-West Virginia game on Saturday afternoon (the Horns won!).
  • Enjoying a pedicure one Sunday afternoon. Always so relaxing! 
  • Working on several creative projects, including my Chicago photo book.
  • Treating myself to hot chocolate since the weather is a little cooler. Making it at home has been fun after finding some great mixes (red velvet and dark chocolate).
  • Performing with my handbell choir in church one Sunday.
  • Listening to Serial, one of the best podcasts I've discovered over the last few months. 
  • Spending the Thanksgiving holidays at home with my family (our first time in Henderson since 2011). It was so wonderful to have all of us together, and with Dad home from the hospital, we truly had something to be thankful for this year.
  • Shopping at Canton with Mom and Esther. We had a fun time, even if we were battling strong winds and crowds of people.

Books I read: The Girl You Left Behind (Jojo Moyes), The Time in Between (Maria DueƱas)

Movies I watched: The Giver, Mockingjay: Part I, The Hunger Games (TV), Julie & Julia (TV)

TV: Dancing with the Stars, Castle, Grey's Anatomy, Parenthood, Forever, figure skating (Grand Prix Series), college football



About My Monthly Round-Ups
At the end of each month, I take a look back and write a post about the month's highlights, as well as what I read and watched. To see all of my round-up posts, visit this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment