December 2012 Round-Up

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone! As the clock moves closer and closer to midnight, it's time for my final round-up of 2012. (You can see my other round-ups by visiting this page.)

What I Read...
  • Love in a Cold Climate by Nancy Mitford: I finally read the second book in my Nancy Mitford collection. I didn't enjoy it quite as much as The Pursuit of Love, but I thought the story picked up when cousin Cedric made his appearance toward the end.
  • A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens: I decided to reread this Christmas classic for the first time in several years. It's such a good story.
What I Watched...
  • The Life of Pi: I loved watching this movie while I was in San Antonio. It was my first 3D movie, and it was a truly beautiful film. (And I still love Richard Parker, the inspiration for our Parker's name.)
  • Finding Nemo: I went to see this at the discount theater with my friend Michelle. It was cute as always.
  • Les Miserables: Mom and I drove over to Kilgore to see this the day after Christmas. We both really enjoyed it and have had the music running through our heads ever since.
  • I got Moonrise Kingdom and Salmon Fishing in the Yemen from Redbox this month. The first was rather quirky, and the second was a nice, easy-going story.
  • I watched several of my favorite Christmas movies as well as a few new ones: Elf, It's a Wonderful Life, Love Actually, Miracle on 34th Street, and A Christmas Carol.
What I Want to Remember...
  • Spending almost a week and a half at home during the Christmas holidays. I haven't been home for this long since I lived in Boston.
  • Visiting San Antonio earlier this month. I enjoyed shopping and looking at the River Walk and Alamo decorated for the holidays.
  • Building "Kendra-land" (in Legos) when I stayed with Paul and Esther.
  • Taking Christmas card photos for Sarah and her family for the second year in a row. T. has grown up so much!
  • Seeing the decorated trees along 360.
  • Playing bells at the Christmas concert at church. It was wonderful to have Sarah, Michelle, and Dad there to hear me. (It was fun shopping with Dad the day before too.)
  • Shopping at the San Marcos outlets on my way home from San Antonio. I made it there right after the stores opened and left before they got too busy.
  • Enjoying the cookie exchange at work.
  • Designing and sending out my Christmas cards.
  • Exploring IKEA with Michelle. We discovered the best time to go is right before closing — no one is there!
  • Shopping downtown Henderson with Mom and Esther.
  • Attending the Christmas Eve service with Mom and Dad.
  • Going to the Christmas Day brunch at Art's.
  • Visiting Natchitoches and seeing the Christmas lights along the Cane River. (Shopping in Shreveport with Mom was fun too.)
  • Watching Texas beat Oregon State in the Alamo Bowl. In a word, whew!
  • Enjoying the cheese nachos at Francisco's during our lunch with Mary.
What I'd Like to Forget...
  • The horrible shooting in Newtown, CT. I have no words.

You can see some of my pictures from this month by visiting my Flickr page.


I hope all of you have a wonderful and blessed 2013!



About My Monthly Round-Ups
At the end of each month, I take a look back and write a post about the month's highlights, as well as what I read and watched. To see all of my round-up posts, visit this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment