Home for the Holidays

Family Christmas picture
As the song says, there's no place like home for the holidays. The last week has been wonderful as I've stayed with my parents in Henderson — and I still have a few more days to go! We've spent a lot of time just relaxing around the house, but we've also done some fun things away from home.

A few highlights:

Celebrating Christmas with Paul and Esther before they flew to Florida last Sunday.

Paul and Esther
Opening presents with Mom and Dad on Christmas morning. My favorite gifts this year were my new camera lens and my Instax camera. (Honorable mention to my state quarters.)

Mom and Dad on Christmas
Enjoying Art's Christmas Day brunch for the third year in a row.

Enjoying brunch at Art's
Seeing the snow fall down on Christmas night. We actually had a white Christmas! It was beautiful to see the snow covering the fields on the way to Kilgore the next day.

Watching Les Miserables with my mom. (Or as the woman in line behind us called it, "Less.") We both really enjoyed it.

Going shopping with my mom in Shreveport. We didn't have too much luck with clothes, but we enjoyed our lunch at Julie Anne's and looking around a store called Altar'd State.

Visiting Natchitoches and seeing the lights along Cane River. It was fun to try out my new lens as I took pictures of the scenery — even if it was really cold!

Festival of Lights

Bridge in lights

Mom in Natchitoches

Enjoying the lights

Natchitoches in lights

Lone Star
Working on some craft projects with my mom.

Meeting up with friends from Henderson and beyond.

O, Christmas Tree
I'm planning to savor the last few days of 2012 before heading back to Austin. I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and can look forward to a splendid 2013!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having fun! Your photos are great---what kind of lens did you get?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! I got a Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR LD Aspherical (IF) Macro lens. It's supposed to be a good all-around lens, and I'm enjoying it so far.

      Delete