November 2012 Round-up

Well hello, December! I wasn't expecting you so soon, which is probably why my November round-up is a little late. Here we go...

What I Read...
  • The House of Velvet and Fog by Katherine Howe: This was one of my birthday books. I didn't enjoy this book as much as her first one, but it was fun to read a book set in Boston.
  • So Far Away by Meg Mitchell Moore: I bought this book while I was in Seattle because it was set in Boston (apparently that's a running theme through my book selections this month) and the North Shore. The book focused on bullying (sad) and historical mystery (fun). It was a pleasant read.
What I Watched...
  • Silver Linings Playbook: I didn't know quite what to expect with this movie, but I enjoyed it. It was interesting to see Jennifer Lawrence as someone other than Katniss. I also liked the random dance competition at the end.
  • Anna Karenina: I went to see this last Friday after work. It was difficult to follow at times because the movie looked like it took place on stage. I also got annoyed with Anna and Vronsky by the end of the movie.
  • Bernie: The whole family rented Bernie over Thanksgiving. It was fun to watch it together.
  • The Thorn Birds: I decided to rewatch this miniseries once everyone left after Thanksgiving.
  • Dancing with the Stars: It was fun to watch the conclusion of the All-Star Season this month. My two favorite couples finished first and second so I was happy. (And the Fierce Five showed up for the final show — I was impressed.)
  • TV: I continued to watch my other favorites, including Grey's Anatomy, Castle, Parenthood, Upstairs Downstairs, and Call the Midwife. I also enjoyed skating Sundays.
What I Want to Remember...
  • Hosting Thanksgiving dinner for the second time. I even made the dressing this year, and I was thrilled everyone seemed to enjoy it.
  • Voting earlier this month and watching the election returns on TV. I even colored in my electoral map and everything.
  • Going to Canton with my mom the first weekend of the month. It was super crowded, but we had a lot of fun.
  • Playing bells at church. The whole family was able to hear me at the 11:00 service.
  • Discovering the grown-up grilled cheese at Panera Bread. Yum!
  • Receiving my new pots and pans in the mail.
  • Spending a lazy Sunday afternoon at the farm. It had been too long since I had farm time.
  • Finally finding a working photo booth. Mom indulged me by climbing in beside me.
What I'd Like to Forget...
  • Having my parking space stolen by a mean person in the Homegoods parking lot.
  • Getting my first filling in 20+ years. At least I was able to have a chocolate milkshake afterward.
  • Watching UT lose to TCU on Thanksgiving night.

I'm having a little trouble adding pictures tonight (apparently I've almost run out of storage on Picasa). You can visit my Flickr photostream to see some of my pictures from this month.



About My Monthly Round-Ups
At the end of each month, I take a look back and write a post about the month's highlights, as well as what I read and watched. To see all of my round-up posts, visit this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment