Project 365 | 2013


As I mentioned previously, I am planning to complete my second Project 365 in 2013. I've been thinking about starting another project for a while now, and I'm excited (and just a little nervous) to begin taking a picture a day again.

One of the biggest inspirations for starting a new Project 365 was finishing a photo book about my first project. I created it on Blurb, and you can see a picture of it above. As I worked on the book, I smiled and sometimes grimaced to see the pictures I had captured. I'm so glad I embarked on that project almost three years ago — I never would have taken the pictures of Natick and Massachusetts that I did without it. However, I'd like to think that I've grown as a photographer over the years. Some of the photos are great, and others, well, I guess that's just how I took pictures back then. :)

My two main goals for the 2013 project are (1) to document my everyday life and (2) to become a better photographer. They are purposefully vague because I think it's too big of a project to get really specific. I figure each day that I take a photo I will fulfill #1, and by the end of the year, I should be able to cross off #2. The most important thing is to take a picture each day.

Instead of posting each day like I did earlier, I'm planning to do a weekly post each Sunday.  The first post should go up a few minutes after this one. I hope all of you enjoy going on this journey with me again. Thanks for your encouragement in advance!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're doing this again. I always enjoy seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete