Project 365 Photo Book

This is another one of my "wrap-up" posts. Although I completed my first Project 365 in March 2011, I created a photo book last summer/fall.

IMG_5386

It took me over a year to decide what I wanted to do with the pictures from my first Project 365. I thought of doing everything from a huge photo poster to a photo book with monthly spreads. Nothing seemed quite right, however, so I just let the pictures and project sit on the back burner. Finally, I was inspired to get the pictures into a photo book after seeing the Blurb books Elise Blaha Cripe had created on her blog. With this idea in mind, I decided to start on the process.

IMG_5387_ed copy

I decided to go with a 7x7 book because I liked the small size and square format. I uploaded all of my pictures to the Blurb website and began placing the pictures in the layout. It took some trial and error at first, but I finally decided to go with just a few page designs with (mostly) square photos. If I really liked a photo, I tried to make it a full page. I also included the date for each photo as well as a short description.

IMG_5385_ed copy

One of the things that slowed me down in the beginning is that I wanted to include the writing I did each day along with the particular photo. Once I decided to create the book in Blurb, I decided to throw that idea out the window. It's not that the writing wasn't important (it was basically my diary for that 12-month period), but this was primarily a photography project. The photos needed to take center stage. The writing is still there on the blog, and I've backed it up on my computer so I don't lose it.

IMG_5388_ed copy

IMG_5389_ed copy

IMG_5382_ed copy

I like how neat and clean this project turned out, and I am so glad to have all of my pictures in a book I can hold in my hands. Blurb does a great job with photo books, and I've been pleased with both books I've received from them. Since I'm so happy with this project, I'm planning to create a similar book for my current Project 365.

No comments:

Post a Comment