Week in the Life Wrap-Up

After looking back through my blog, I realized I never wrote about some of the creative projects I worked on last year. There was a good reason for that — I was super busy at work and didn't feel like writing when I got home. Now that I have the time, I thought I would spend the next few weeks writing about some of the projects I completed.

IMG_5390_ed copy

One of the biggest projects I took on this past year was Week in the Life. I decided to focus on the week of May 7-13, 2012. I knew it was going to be difficult to concentrate on documenting my life that week in words and pictures, but it ended up being even more challenging than I could have ever imagined. With things so hectic at work, the stress of taking on this project was almost too much. However, I'm so glad I decided to tackle (and finish) this project, and I'm proud I got my words and pictures into a book before too much time had passed.

IMG_5393_ed copy

I created my book in Blurb using a template from Nettio Designs. It took a little time to edit all the photos, write the text, and put everything together, but it reminded me so much of my yearbook days that I didn't mind.

IMG_5394_ed copy

Each day had two spreads: one for the morning and one for the evening. I love how the template includes a big picture and then several smaller ones. I usually had one or two pictures from each day that I really loved, and it was great to be able to show them off.

IMG_5395_ed
IMG_5396

Some final thoughts:
  • Since this was my first time completing Week in the Life, it took me a little bit to figure out what type of documentation worked best for me. I began the week using the daily worksheets from Ali Edwards but discovered as the week went on that the easiest way for me to record everything was to use Evernote. Next time, I plan to use Evernote the whole time.
  • I definitely want to schedule any future Week in the Life projects when life isn't as stressful. I know that's difficult to plan in advance, but working on a fun but unnecessary project makes me unhappy. And I like to be happy. :)
  • I liked creating a photo book in Blurb, and the template was fun and fairly easy to use. I'm planning on using the same format in the future to keep things consistent.
  • I'm looking forward to working on Week in the Life when I'm not working on Project Life. Both projects just seemed a little redundant to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment