March 2014 Round-up

Indian paintbrush

Since today is March 31, it's time for my monthly round-up. Here are some of the highlights of the past month:

  • Spending the first full weekend of the month at home in Henderson. It was dreary outside most of the time, but I enjoyed celebrating Dad's birthday with the whole family.
  • Gaining an extra hour of daylight in the evening. It's amazing how such a small thing can make such a big difference in my mood.
  • Renewing my library card and checking out two books while I was there. I love free books!
  • Going out for brunch with my officemates.
  • Learning how to use my Silhouette as I worked on my Europe scrapbook.
  • Seeing 20/20 from both eyes at my most recent eye doctor appointment.
  • Cheering for UT (and SFA!) in the NCAA Tournament.
  • Seeing wildflowers everywhere.
  • Driving over to Warrenton this past weekend to shop with Mom and her friends.
  • Waking up early to watch the World Championships from Japan last week. It's been a long figure skating season, but it's still hard to believe it's over.

Books I read: Gilead (Marilynne Robinson); The Pursuit of Mary Bennet: A Pride and Prejudice Novel (Pamela Mingle); Palisades Park (Alan Brennert)

Movies I watched: Frozen, Veronica Mars, Midnight in Paris (DVD)

TV: Castle, Parenthood, Grey's Anatomy, Dancing with the Stars, Call the Midwife, NCAA Tournament, World Figure Skating Championships, American Cup



About My Monthly Round-Ups
At the end of each month, I take a look back and write a post about the month's highlights, as well as what I read and watched. To see all of my round-up posts, visit this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment