June 2014 Round-up

Burnt-orange sunset

Happy Monday! It seems like June has just flown by, which means it's time for my monthly round-up. These are some of the highlights of the past month:

  • Traveling out to Marble Falls and Pedernales Falls State Park one weekend. I really enjoyed my cherry pie at the Bluebonnet Cafe, and it was fun to explore such a beautiful part of the Hill Country at Pedernales Falls.
  • Cheering the Spurs onto victory in the NBA Finals. After the heartbreak of last year, it was wonderful to see them win number five this year.
  • Spying new wildlife right outside my apartment window — this month I saw longhorns, two deer, two cats, and several bunnies.
  • Getting my live skating fix at the Bluebonnet Open in Cedar Park. It's been way too long!
  • Having Paul, Esther, and Grace visit me one weekend. We drove down to San Antonio since Grace had never been and toured the Alamo and Riverwalk. On the way home, we stopped at the San Marcos outlets and the UT campus.
  • Enjoying the past week of rainy weather. It's never fun to get out in the rain, but it's always great to see it falling when you're safely inside.
  • Meeting my friend Michelle (and her boyfriend Clint) for dinner at Thai Cuisine one evening after work.
  • Treating myself to a long pedicure and pretty pink peonies last Friday.

Books I read: Alice I Have Been (Melanie Benjamin); The Light Between Oceans (M.L. Stedman); China Dolls (Lisa See)

Movies I watched: The Fault in Our Stars, About Time (DVD), The Invisible Woman (DVD), The Vow (DVD), Calendar Girls (DVD), The Book Thief (DVD)

TV: NBA playoffs, Castle reruns, Parenthood (Season 1 DVD)



About My Monthly Round-Ups
At the end of each month, I take a look back and write a post about the month's highlights, as well as what I read and watched. To see all of my round-up posts, visit this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment