January 2013 Round-Up

January seemed like such a fast month for me, and since February is now here, it's time for my January round-up. (You can see my other round-ups by visiting this page.)

What I Read...
  • The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton: I love a good Kate Morton book, and this one did not disappoint. The book took place primarily in 1940s London, which is always such a fascinating time period to read about. It was definitely a great Christmas present.
  • Circle of Friends by Maeve Binchy: I watched the movie Circle of Friends many years ago, but it just doesn't compare to the book, which is much richer in the descriptions of the characters and the setting. It was a long book, but after I finished, I found myself really missing Benny, Eve, and all of their friends.
What I Watched...
  • Lincoln: I finally had the chance to see this the weekend after I returned from my Christmas holidays. Daniel Day-Lewis' performance was amazing.
  • Somewhere in Time: I had seen parts of this movie on TV but finally had the chance to see all of it when I checked it out from the library. I enjoyed it, even if the ending freaked me out a little bit.
  • National Championships: The last full week of January was all about skating. It was great to watch some of the earlier competitions on my computer (hooked up to the TV) and then spend last weekend watching everything on NBC. Gracie Gold's free skate and both of Davis and White's programs were highlights.
  • TV: I continued to enjoy watching Castle, Grey's Anatomy, and Parenthood and loved having Downton Abbey and Bunheads return.
What I Want to Remember...
  • Meeting Max, Paul and Esther's new puppy.
  • Watching the Austin Grand Prix swim meet at UT. It was neat to see Missy Franklin, Ryan Lochte, and other Olympians compete right in front of me.
  • Completing one month of Project 365. Only 11 more to go!
  • Spending a Saturday afternoon downtown, eating lunch at Whole Foods and shopping.
  • Watching President Barack Obama's inauguration on TV.
  • Finishing my Project Life album for 2012.
  • Buying a box of Thin Mints from a little Girl Scout who came to our office.
  • Beginning my cross-stitch project (I still have a long way to go).
  • Getting back into my everyday routine with work, handbells, exercise, etc.
Sunburst



About My Monthly Round-Ups
At the end of each month, I take a look back and write a post about the month's highlights, as well as what I read and watched. To see all of my round-up posts, visit this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment