Weekend with P&E

Pennybacker Bridge

At the beginning of last month, Paul and Esther came down to Austin to spend the weekend with me. I love when they come down because it gives me the opportunity to be a tourist in my own city. These are just a few moments from their visit I want to remember:

Climbing to the top of the overlook near the Pennybacker Bridge

Paul & me

Paul & Esther

Discovering a cool baking shop near Burnet. (Esther was happy because she could look at so many baking supplies; Paul was happy because he found a big tub of icing.)

Comparing blue shoes with Esther

Blue shoes

Eating at Hula Hut, even if we had to sit in the bar area and my first glass of Dr Pepper leaked all over the table

Finally going to the top of the UT Tower

Austin skyline

University of Texas

UT Tower

Trying to see the bats fly out from underneath the Congress Avenue Bridge (we just missed them!)

Paul & Esther

Town Lake

Austin river cruise

Making my first 15,000-step day on Saturday

Introducing Paul and Esther to the joy of Gigi's Cupcakes (Sammy was fascinated with them as well.)

Sammy and the cupcake

P.S. Paul and Esther came to visit me in August last year too.

No comments:

Post a Comment