September 2013 Round-up

And another month comes to an end! Here are my highlights for September 2013:

  • Spending Labor Day Weekend with my family in Austin. On Sunday we went down to San Marcos to shop the outlets and then ate dinner at the Gristmill in Gruene to celebrate Mom's birthday.
  • Driving over to the Hill Country Galleria on Labor Day to shop and look around. I found some great deals at Homegoods and Michaels.
  • Seeing a rainbow after work one day.
  • Playing bells in church during a football weekend. I love it when the whole family can hear me play.
  • Traveling home to Henderson during the last weekend of this month. It was great spending time with the whole family and celebrating my birthday a little early.
  • Watching the Longhorns beat K-State for the first time since 2003. It was a good victory after two straight losses (even if we had to fight the crickets in the stands).
  • Meeting Louis, the new neighborhood cat. Sammy was not impressed, however.

Books I read: The Young Clementina (D.E. Stevenson); Call the Midwife: A Memoir of Birth, Joy, and Hard Times (Jennifer Worth)

Movies I watched: Austenland, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (DVR), Thelma and Louise (DVD)

TV: Yay for the return of fall TV and some of my favorites — Dancing with the Stars, Castle, and Grey's Anatomy

The drive home to Austin



About My Monthly Round-Ups
At the end of each month, I take a look back and write a post about the month's highlights, as well as what I read and watched. To see all of my round-up posts, visit this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment