Today, I Give Thanks

Thankful

A couple years ago, I celebrated my 30th birthday by giving thanks for 30 things. As I turn 32 today, I thought I would record 32 things I am thankful for this year (in no particular order).
  1. My family
  2. My friends
  3. Sammy
  4. Excellent public libraries (free books and DVDs!)
  5. Figure skating
  6. My health
  7. Laughing until I cry
  8. Conversations with my dad that cover everything from politics to sports to current events
  9. Pumpkins
  10. Singing every word to a Dixie Chicks song while I'm driving
  11. Sunday conversations with my family
  12. My collection of everyday photos with Project 365
  13. Evening walks
  14. Books
  15. Organizing (my apartment, my craft supplies, my work schedule)
  16. Wildflowers in the spring
  17. Vacation planning
  18. The Austin office, especially my fellow writers and Michelle 
  19. My trusty iPhone
  20. Keeping a few succulents alive this past summer
  21. Sharing inside jokes with my brother ("I just heard that song again...")
  22. Watching movies at Arbor Cinema or the new Alamo Drafthouse
  23. Esther's wonderful cakes
  24. Fall foliage
  25. Playing handbells with the Hallelujah Ringers
  26. Making people laugh
  27. Cupcakes, cookies, s'mores, and other treats
  28. Spending time at the farm
  29. Yummy Tex-Mex food, especially Chuy's and its creamy jalapeno sauce
  30. Pens and notebooks and office supplies of all kinds
  31. Spending quality time with my mom shopping, chatting, and enjoying being together
  32. Continuing to learn new things at work and at home

No comments:

Post a Comment