August 2013 Round-up

Since September is already well underway, it's time for my August round-ups. These are some of the things I want to remember about this month:

  • I enjoyed meeting up with my mom in Dallas for the second year in a row. We had a lot of fun shopping, eating great food, and being together.
  • Paul and Esther came down to Austin at the beginning of the month. Even though it was very hot, we managed to pack a lot into our two days. We climbed to the top of the 360 overlook, took a UT Tower tour, watched the bats on the Congress Avenue Bridge, and ate at Hula Hut.
  • The return of college football! It was great to watch UT play football once again, even if the first half made me a little nervous.
  • While I've missed a few days here and there, I'm still enjoying my evening walks around the apartment complex.
  • One Sunday I broke out of my usual morning routine and had breakfast at Panera Bread before church. It was a nice way to begin the day.
  • I love watching my succulents grow, even though a few have passed into the land of peaceful plant slumber.
  • One Friday I was heading into work when the electricity went out in the entire building...while I was in the elevator. Fortunately the doors were open because we had just stopped on the 8th floor. Once I realized what was happening, I raced out of the elevator, ran down the hall and up the stairs to the 9th floor, and arrived at work completely out of breath. It was an interesting way to start off a Friday morning to say the least.

Books I read: Anne of Ingleside and Rainbow Valley (L.M. Montgomery); The Last Camellia (Sarah Jio); Orphan Train (Christina Baker Kline)

Movies I watched: The Way Way Back (so, so good); The Spectacular Now; Lee Daniels' The Butler

TV: Gilmore Girls (Season 7 DVD); Downton Abbey (Seasons 1 & 2 DVDs); The Magic of Ordinary Days (TV movie); U.S. Gymnastics Championships


P.S. Happy birthday, Mom!



About My Monthly Round-Ups
At the end of each month, I take a look back and write a post about the month's highlights, as well as what I read and watched. To see all of my round-up posts, visit this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment