S'mores Bars

Smores 1


One of my favorite treats during the summer are these yummy, super-gooey S'mores bars. What's not to love about melted chocolate and marshmallows on top of a crumbly oatmeal crust? I made these for my family over the weekend, and they were a hit as always.

I've had this recipe for several years, and since this was before the days of Pinterest and blog reading, I'm not sure exactly where I found it. Maybe a message board? Anyway, I'm glad I found it when I did. Here's the recipe if you'd like to try them:

S'mores Bars

1 cup oats
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2 cups mini marshmallows
  1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
  2. Combine the first 6 ingredients. Press into an 8x8 pan.
  3. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven. 
  4. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and marshmallows. Bake 10 minutes or until marshmallows are golden.
  5. Cool pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars once it cools. 
I doubled the recipe this weekend. I also like to add as many chocolate chips and marshmallows as possible because you can never have too many.
Smores 2


Smores 3


Smores 4


A word of warning: as tempting as these look straight out of the oven, don't try them until they've cooled a little bit. I've burned the roof of my mouth so many times in my eagerness to enjoy them.

They are also wonderful with homemade ice cream.

Smores 5

Now I just have to find another occasion to make them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment