May 2013 Round-Up

Once again, we've reached the end of another month. May was definitely a month of change: The weather has finally become Texas hot (I'm never quite ready for that), and work has presented some interesting challenges as well. Before I welcome June tomorrow, here are my top moments from the past month:

  • I finally made the big decision to buy an iPhone 5. It arrived early this month, and I've had fun playing with it ever since. I definitely see an improvement in the picture quality, and it's nice to have a slightly larger screen. I was also happy to "donate" my old iPhone to a good cause (um, Paul).
  • I had my last two handbells performances of the spring this month. Both went well, and I was especially excited to have Mom and Dad there for the last one. My twice weekly practices have taken up a lot of my time lately, so I'm glad to be finished with them until the fall.
  • It was fun to rediscover my cross-stitch project earlier this month, even if I only sewed two days. The holes are very tiny, which makes my head hurt if I look at it too long.
  • I received a good report at the dentist. No more cavities for at least six months!
  • My parents spent the weekend of May 17-19 in Austin. While they were here, I enjoyed shopping with Mom, eating two great meals at The Oasis and Texas Roadhouse, and performing bells. I was also thrilled to have Dad change the light bulb in my laundry room — I couldn't reach it with my step ladder so I had been doing laundry in the dark for several weeks.
  • Spending the Memorial Day weekend at home in Henderson was wonderfully relaxing. Highlights of the weekend: eating dinner at Auntie Pasta's on Friday; finding a new purse and phone cover at Belk; shopping with Mom on Saturday; seeing Paul and Esther's Hawaii pictures; spending Memorial Day out at the farm, working on the jigsaw puzzle and eating hamburgers and homemade ice cream; and watching the Spurs win the Western Conference Finals.

Books I read: The Reading Group (Elizabeth Noble), The Last Runaway (Tracy Chevalier), A Town Like Alice (Nevil Shute)

Movies I watched: FIRST: The Story of the 2012 London Olympics (Fathom event), The Great Gatsby, Hyde Park on Hudson (DVD), Evita (DVD)

TV: Dancing with the Stars, Castle, Grey's Anatomy, Mr. Selfridge, Call the Midwife, Felicity (DVD)



About My Monthly Round-Ups
At the end of each month, I take a look back and write a post about the month's highlights, as well as what I read and watched. To see all of my round-up posts, visit this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment