Seattle Mini-Book

Seattle_book1

Way back in October, I traveled up to Seattle, Washington, for Skate America. It was my first "big girl" trip, which was exciting and a little scary at the same time. However, most of my time was spent watching skating, so I didn't have a chance to get too lonely, and then I had part of the first day and the entire last day of my trip to explore Seattle. I've wanted to visit Seattle for a long time, so it was wonderful to finally make it up there.

Since I was going by myself and knew I would have time in the evenings/early mornings, I decided to create a mini-book for the trip. I put most of the pieces for the book together before I left using materials I already had on hand. I painted the covers with some Martha Stewart paint from Michaels and covered a lot of other pages using scrapbook paper. (I used a lot of the techniques I learned from Ali Edwards' Scrapbook on the Road class.)

I worked on the writing and added a few pieces of memorabilia while I was in Seattle. Once I made it back home, I let the project sit for a little while (some other things came up), but it was easy to finish up later by adding pictures and a few other items. I especially like the 6x6 Instagram print from PostalPix.

Seattle_book2

Seattle_book4

Seattle_book5

I really enjoy working on these mini-book projects when I go on vacation. They can be a lot of work up front but are really easy to put together once you get home. (You can see pictures of my other travel mini-book here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment