Off to Louisiana | Wedding Events

Off to Louisiana

Two weekends ago, I traveled to Louisiana to attend my cousin Maegan's wedding. I flew out on Thursday afternoon and made it back to Austin around midnight the following Sunday after a hectic travel day. (The weather was not my friend during this trip.) During the three days I spent in Louisiana, I was on the go the whole time, attending several wedding events and even sneaking in a little sightseeing in downtown Baton Rouge and New Orleans.

Because I took so many pictures during my stay, I've split them up into four posts. This post will focus on the wedding-related events (rehearsal dinner, bridal luncheon, wedding), and the other three will focus on my travel adventures.

Rehearsal Dinner

On Thursday, June 6, I attended the rehearsal dinner at Portobello's Grill. My parents and I were just thrilled to even make it. My flight to New Orleans was delayed (the plane circled the city for 20 minutes before landing) and then it took over an hour for my suitcase to arrive at baggage claim because of the stormy weather. We did make it, however, and showed up everyone in our stylish shorts and capri fashion ensembles. (No time to change on the drive from the airport.) The dinner was very nice, and it was great to see my family and meet some of Adam's.

Bridal Luncheon

The next day was the bridal luncheon at Houmas House Plantation. My mom and her friends went out earlier in the day to set things up, and Esther and I came a bit later, nervously carrying the gorgeous cake she made for the occasion. Everything looked so beautiful in the room at the Café Burnside. I especially loved the pictures of Maegan playing dress-up when she was little.

IMG_6026_ed
Table decorations

IMG_6025_ed
Playing dress-up

Esther's cake
Esther's beautiful cake

The guests arrived soon afterward, and we all sat down to a wonderful lunch of crawfish salad. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but it was delicious. Esther's cake was also a hit (especially with the flower girl), and we enjoyed cheesecake from the restaurant as well.

IMG_6049_ed
The guests arrive

IMG_6054_ed
Valine and Mom

IMG_6062_ed
The 3 Brown girls

IMG_6068_ed
Maegan and the hostesses

IMG_6075_ed
Maegan and Esther

One of the sweetest moments of the luncheon was when Meredith and Amanda presented Maegan with a special gift from her third grade classroom. Each of the students had written a short piece of marriage advice to her and had drawn a picture of the wedding. Most of the entries were precious, and others were simply amusing.

IMG_6083_ed
Opening the gift from her third graders

IMG_6088_ed
Maegan and her bridesmaids

IMG_6092_ed
Valine and the hostesses

Wedding Day

Saturday was the big day. Even though there were threatening clouds in the sky, the rain held off. Maegan was a beautiful bride, and the ceremony was just lovely. Esther also sang The Prayer during the ceremony, which was a treat for everybody.

IMG_6173_ed
Before the ceremony

IMG_6182_ed
Husband and wife

The reception that followed was just as nice. I managed to sneak in and take some pictures of wedding party cutting the cake too.

IMG_6185_ed
First dance

IMG_6197_ed
The wedding party with the cake

IMG_6227_ed
Both families

It's hard to believe it's been two weeks since I was in Baton Rouge, but it was nice to relive everything again as I wrote this entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment