July 2013 Round-up

Happy last day of July! I feel like I say this every month, but July really did fly by. Here are some of my highlights from the month:

  • I spent the July 4th holidays at home with my family in Henderson. We enjoyed our time at the farm on the 4th, especially the afternoon rain shower. While I was home, I also attended The Foreigner at the Texas Shakespeare Festival, spent some time with Paul in Tyler, walked Max on Saturday morning, and ate S'mores made in the microwave.
  • Walking, walking, walking. I've enjoyed taking walks around the apartment complex almost every evening.
  • I loved traveling down to San Antonio one weekend this month. I visited the Missions as well as the Museum of Art. The next day I went to the outlets in San Marcos and spent some time in South Austin before driving home.
  • It's been fun to continue reading the Anne books this month. I only have one and a half more to go!
  • Glorious rain. We've had a wonderfully wet July in Austin. Hopefully it will continue into August.
  • Last week I was guilty of being on Royal Baby Watch. Welcome to the world, Prince George! (A much better name than Spencer...yuck!)
  • July has been a month for (sometimes odd) wildlife sightings. Over the course of this month, I've seen several bunnies, a lizard, field mice, a stray cow in the Target parking lot, and raccoons around the apartment dumpster.

Books I read: Anne of the Island, Anne of Windy Poplars, and Anne's House of Dreams (L.M. Montgomery); Austenland (Shannon Hale)

Movies I watched: The Great Gatsby (1974), Mamma Mia (both DVD)

TV: Gilmore Girls (Season 2 & 7 DVDs), Duck Dynasty (Paul showed me an episode while I was home); I occasionally watched some HGTV or a random episode of The Big Bang Theory or Castle, but this July was not a big TV month for me.



About My Monthly Round-Ups
At the end of each month, I take a look back and write a post about the month's highlights, as well as what I read and watched. To see all of my round-up posts, visit this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment