June 2013 Round-up

Can June really be over already? It seems like just yesterday I was looking forward to visiting Louisiana, and now the trip and the wedding are pleasant memories. June had its highs and lows and definitely came to a crashing end (more on that later).

  • The highlight of the month was visiting Louisiana for my cousin Maegan's wedding. Over the three days I spent in Louisiana, I helped host the bridal luncheon, spent lots of time with family, fit in some sightseeing, and of course, attended Maegan and Adam's wedding on Saturday evening. It's hard to believe it's almost been a month since I was there!
  • This month I also participated in a walking challenge at work. I teamed up with the two other writers in Austin and our senior writer. Even though I destroyed my first two pedometers, I've enjoyed pushing myself to walk more each day. I was doing pretty well until I fell and skinned my knee on my evening stair-run on Sunday. (This was the crash I mentioned earlier.)
  • I was very invested in the NBA Finals this year since the Spurs were playing. Many nights were spent pacing my living room floor as I willed the Spurs to pull out another nailbiter. Even though they came up short in the end, I was so proud of how they played.
  • I think I'm developing a green thumb. I bought a new houseplant earlier in the month and added several succulents to my collection last week. Hopefully these new plants will survive both the sun and Sammy's curiosity.
  • The busy season has certainly returned at work. I worked late several times in June, but at least there hasn't been any weekend time yet.
  • I finally began rereading the Anne of Green Gables books, one of my goals from earlier this year. I finished Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea and started Anne of the Island this month.

Books I read: The Rhythm of Memory (Alyson Richman), Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea (L.M. Montgomery)

Movies I watched: Much Ado About Nothing, The Help (DVD)

TV: Mr. Selfridge, Call the Midwife (Season 1 DVD), NBA Finals, The Bletchley Circle, Gilmore Girls (Season 2 DVD)

IMG_6178_ed
The family before the wedding



About My Monthly Round-Ups
At the end of each month, I take a look back and write a post about the month's highlights, as well as what I read and watched. To see all of my round-up posts, visit this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment